Ladies and gentlemen…Elvis has left the building. With this Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon Monte Cristo.
Let’s talk peanut butter, banana and bacon, y’all. It was Elvis’ favorite combination, and I assure you, once you taste this show stopper sandwich, it’ll be yours too!
I’ve been having so much fun coming up with peanut recipes during my month long tour with The Georgia Peanut Commission! And, any excuse I have to combine bacon and peanut butter— I mean, hello! Adding peanut butter to your morning routine is an awesome way to get your day started because it’s packed with protein and fiber, which means you’ll stay fuller longer and won’t be as inclined to hit the vending machine mid-morning! If you want to reduce the calorie count, substitute turkey bacon and don’t sprinkle the powdered sugar. A little drizzle of honey would be sublime. Just sayin’.
- Peanut butter (crunchy or
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- 4 slices of thick bread (Texas Toast or Country White)
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- Egg wash (3-4 eggs beat together with a ¼ cup cream and a dash of cinnamon)
- 2 Tb butter
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Spread peanut butter on slices of bread
- Layer with sliced banana and bacon and make into a sandwich.
- Heat up the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Whisk together the egg wash ingredients.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg wash, making sure to soak the entire thing.
- Fry on medium heat until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.