If you’re like me, when it hits 2pm, I’m dying for something crunchy, salty and satisfying. I love taking something that basically can’t be improved upon and then you do just that. With the addition of a few simple ingredients, salty roasted peanuts are taken to Flavor Town, y’all! I’m a huge fan of spicy, so adding in the chipotle chili powder gives the peanuts a kick without blowing your sinuses out, LOL.
A new study shows that kids who snack on peanuts and peanut butter at least 4 times a week are less likely to be at risk for obesity. So this is a game changer when you pack it in their lunches!
- 2 cups roasted, salted peanuts
- 2 Tb chipotle chili powder (if you don’t like it too spicy, just do 1 Tb)
- 2 Tb olive oil/canola blend or 1 Tb of each
- Juice from one lime
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.