Bloody Mary’s are the perfect cocktail to personalize and make utterly unique, because it’s all about the garnish. And this tailgate season, sausage is the stand out! (Bacon Bloody Mary’s are so last year!) I teamed up with Johnsonville to come up with team themed Bloody Mary recipes and this might be my favorite Bloody Mary EVER. It helps that the signature ingredient is Sweet Tea Vodka. I mean, Georgia is the Sweet Tea State, after all! I’m all about the combo of sweet and savory, so the the sweet tea flavor with the savory bite of the smoked brats is Bloody Mary perfection.
If you’ve spent any time in Georgia, you’ll know that okra is a favorite ingredient– so paying homage to the southern veggie, I’ve used it as a fresh garnish, along with a little bit of spicy, tangy okra juice.
Pairing with this Georgia favorite is a honey brushed ham and cheese biscuit. Can I get an AMEN, y’all? I mean, seriously. In my humble opinion, the best biscuit recipe on the planet is from Southern Phenom Chef, Virginia Willis. But, if you’re not up to the task to make them homemade, then grab a DIY ready bake version, slather on some honey mustard, a little shaved black forest ham and some swiss cheese. Just make sure you brush a little melted butter and a drizzle of honey on the top of the biscuits and no one will notice they’re not homemade!
But don’t think I’m partial to Georgia just cuz I’ve lived here for the last 9 years….Yesterday, I told you about my favorite Florida recipe for a Bloody Mary and Gator Eggs. No matter who you’re rooting for this weekend in the Georgia/Florida match-up, these recipes are going to keep your friends and family cheering (to make you the full-time game day caterer!)
*This is a sponsored post but opinions are my own.
- 1 cup sweet tea vodka
- 3 cups Bloody Mary mix or tomato juice
- 1/4 cup okra juice
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 JOHNSONVILLE Smoked Beef Brats Links , grilled
- 4 okra spears
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- 4 skewers
- 8 biscuits
- 1/2 pound black forest ham shaved
- 1/4 pound swiss cheese sliced thin
- honey mustard
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- honey to drizzle
- In a shaker or pitcher, mix vodka, Bloody Mary mix or tomato juice, okra juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt and black pepper.
- Pour into 4 glasses with ice.
- For the garnish, place Johnsonville Smoked Beef Brat link and okra into glass. Place a lime and lemon slice on rim of the glass.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare biscuits.
- Spread honey mustard on top and bottom insides of biscuits.
- Layer with shaved ham and swiss.
- Brush with melted butter
- Drizzle tops of biscuits with honey.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.