Bacon. Jam. Now that’s my jam. OMG. Seriously, y’all, you’ll never go Smuckers again. You’ll want to put this on EVERYTHING, from toast to tacos. OMG. Sweet, caramelized bacon meets cranberries. You can make it without the cranberries and it’s just as (if not more delicious) but since we’re cooking with cranberries this week, it is a perfect addition to the bacon jam. Enjoy! To order the incredible cranberries showcased in my “What’s in Season” segment on AMHQ, check out Cape Cod Select who ships cranberries all year long!
- 1 pack center cut bacon
- brown sugar
- 3 Tb cranberry sauce
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tb sherry
- 2 Tb butter
- Lay out individual slices of bacon on a rimmed bacon sheet and press brown sugar into each slice from top to bottom.
- Cook at 250 for an hour, turning over at the half way mark.
- While bacon is cooking, chop onion in slices and cook in 2 Tb of butter in a saucepan on low/medium heat for 30 minutes until soft and caramelized. Add sherry and crank up heat until alcohol cooks off, about 5 minutes. Turn heat down and continue cooking another 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Once bacon cools, combine all the bacon, the onion and the cranberry sauce in the food processor and pulse until bacon is completely combined with onion and cranberry.
- Top onto sweet potatoes, or serve with turkey or beef.