This pie is the bomb dot com, y’all. Chef Bill Lipscomb, who is one of the talented Chefs on Food Network’s Holiday Baking Competition (airing on Food Network Sundays at 9pm EST) joined me on set to share his decadent sweet potato pie recipe. It’s off the chain. For real.
Bill got a degree in physics before pursuing his passion for all things delish, studying culinary arts in France for nearly 2 years. Hey, they say baking is a science, right? This dude has it down! Now he’s baking his way to stardom— and this pie is proof!
Check out the recipe below…
- 2 cups sweet potato puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 2 Tb vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 335, place rack in middle of oven.
- Place sweet potato puree in a bowl, mix in brown and white sugar.
- Stir in cream, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in spices.
- Pour into ready made pie crust (9 inch) that has been baked for 15 minutes.
- Bake until just set, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 hours, cut and serve.