Bacon bowls? Wha-what?? Oh yes, lovelies. This is my idea of low carb perfection! And you don’t need anything fancy to make them– just some bacon, tinfoil and a muffin tin. The caeser salad is absolutely fabulous— extra garlicky by design, but if you don’t want the kick, you can just cut down a bit on the garlic. This is major delish– and major WOW factor if you’re serving dinner to guests. Edible bacon bowls stuffed with caeser? You’re welcome.
- 3 slices of bacon for each bacon bowl
- Muffin tins
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 anchovy filets
- 4 garlic cloves (if you don’t want it this garlicky, reduce to 2 garlic cloves)
- 1 Tb Dijon mustard
- 2 Tb water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan (plus a little extra to top on salad)
- Fresh grated pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Romaine lettuce
- Take large muffin tins, turn upside down and coat with tin foil.
- Cut one slice of bacon in half and lay over first muffin cup. Put the second half over the first half so it forms an "X".
- Repeat with another slice of bacon cut in half so you have covered the outside of the muffin cup with a "bacon star."
- Wrap a third piece of bacon around the outside of the muffin cup.
- Repeat with more bacon for additional bacon bowls.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes (watch to see if they are getting crispy.)
- Take out of oven, slip bacon bowls off muffin cups and place INSIDE muffin tins. Bake for another 5 minutes to crisp up the inside of the bacon bowls.
- In food processor, blend egg yolks, anchovies, mustard, water, lemon juice and parmesan cheese. While food processor is on, add 1/2 cup olive oil to emulsify.
- Toss dressing with romaine and add cracked pepper and extra parmesan.
- Fill bacon bowls with caeser salad.