Candied bacon that’s low carb? Wha-what?
Low Carbers rejoice! You CAN have your candied, chocolate covered, peanut butter dipped bacon AND eat it too….only 8 net carbs per slice, y’all!
Just don’t go Bacon my Heart…
Here’s my Candied Bacon tutorial– and the first in my “Eat Rich, Stay Skinny” video series!
- 1 package of center cut bacon
- Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (about ½ - 1 tsp per slice of bacon)
- Dark chocolate melting wafers (12 oz bag)
- White chocolate melting wafers (12 oz bag)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Toppings: Cayenne pepper, crushed red hots and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Take a wooden skewer and weave it through a slice of bacon. Lay out flat on baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the slices of bacon.
- Press Splenda Brown Sugar Blend into each strip of bacon.
- Bake at 300 for 40 minutes. Drain bacon.
- Melt dark chocolate wafers in a double boiler. Dip some slices of bacon in dark chocolate and decorate with crushed red hots and sprinkles.
- Melt white chocolate wafers in a double boiler. Set aside half of the white chocolate and mix peanut butter into the other half. Stir until melted.
- Dip bacon in white chocolate and white peanut butter chocolate and decorate with sprinkled cayenne and/or desired toppings.