While all of metro Atlanta was paralyzed in “Snowpocalypse,” I was fortunate enough to be snugged up at home with my man. It was the perfect day for baby makin’ and cheesecake makin’, y’all!
Let’s discuss the cheesecake portion and leave the rest to your imagination…*Giggle! I didn’t have a ton of ingredients on hand to make a sweet treat, so I improvised with what I did have: 1 package of cream cheese, vanilla extract, rum, Truvia, eggs, butter and Brazil nuts. Normally, I would make an almond crust, but the Brazil nuts were a perfect substitute.
The result was cheesecake perfection! The recipe below only makes 4 muffin sized cheesecake bites, so you could double or even triple the ingredients to make more…They’re low-carb, gluten free AND sugar free. My man opted to slather some, uh, salted butter on them as well, (cuz what’s wrong with a little butter frosting, right??!) and promptly declared they were the “best cheesecake bites” he’d ever tasted. Add extra butter at your own risk….
Hint: Best eaten in bed with your sexy significant other.
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts
- 3 Tb butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 3 Tb Truvia
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tb Rum
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put 1/4 cup of brazil nuts in the food processor and pulse until they turn to crumbs (about 30 seconds)
- Melt 3 Tb of butter and combine with brazil nut crumbs.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Pat into the bottom of a muffin tin (about 4 muffins)
- Bake crust for 5 minutes
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, combine room temperature cream cheese with Truvia, egg, vanilla and rum
- Pour batter into muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Let cool and scoop out of muffin tin.